Tata Motors global sales zoom 62% in Nov
New Delhi: Tata Motors today reported a 62
per cent jump in its total global sales in November on the
back of strong performance by its British marquees Jaguar and
Land Rover (JLR).
The country`s largest auto company reported a total sales
of 75,775 units across its various international operations,
which include Tata Motors, Tata Daewoo and the Hispano
Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, Tata passenger
vehicles and the British marquee brands Jaguar Land Rover.
JLR`s global sales in November stood at 18,825 units, up
30 per cent from the same month last year, Tata Motors said in
While Jaguar sold 4,333 units during the month, down two
per cent from the figure in November last year, Land Rover
sales were up by 45 per cent at 14,492 units, the company
The company`s global commercial vehicles sales stood at
33,338 units, a jump of 81 per cent from the corresponding
month last year.
Passenger vehicles sales during the month were 42,437
units, up 50 per cent from last November, the company added.
Tata Motors` cumulative global sales in the April-
November period witnessed a growth of four per cent at
Cumulative sales of JLR during the first eight months of
the fiscal were at 1,15,844 units, down 32 per cent from the
corresponding period a year-ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?