Tata Motors launch Grande MK II, target 4,000 units sales
Mumbai: Tata Motors on Monday launched Grande MK
II, an upgraded version of its premium Sumo offering, in the
domestic market and expects to sell around 4,000 vehicles per
Priced in the range of Rs 6.43 lakh to Rs 7.50 lakh
(ex-showroom Delhi), Grande MK II is cheaper by Rs 25,000 to
Rs 30,000 than the available version-Grande MK I, which was
launched in the beginning of the last year.
"We are selling around 2,500-3,000 vehicles per month
in this (Utility Vehicle) segment. The equity the Grande has
acquired in the last one year and on the basis of this launch,
we should be able to have a growth of 800-1,000 vehicles per
month," Tata Motors Head (Passenger Car Division) Rajiv Dube,
told reporters here.
The company is going to replace the Grande MK I model
with the new Grande MK II, he said.
The Grande MK II would be manufactured at the company`s
Pimpri plant near Pune, he said, adding that the vehicle would
have three variants--top of the line GX, EX and LX.
The company plans to increase its market share in the
UV to 20-21 per cent. "Presently, our share in the UV segment
is 18 per cent and we are eyeing a market share of 20-21 per
cent with this launch," Dube said.
The company would showcase a few new vehicles in the
upcoming Auto Expo to be held early next year in New Delhi,
When asked about the increase in the prices of
vehicles due to rise in input costs, Dube said the company has
not decided anything as of now.
He also said that the company is feeling the heat in
exports due to a slump in demand.
"Exports have been down for us as there is contraction
in demand. We hope to offset the losses by launching new
vehicles," Dube said.
On the Nano car, Dube said that the company so far had
delivered around 15,000 cars to the customers and is aiming
1.5-lakh deliveries (all booked) by the end of next calender
"Around 15,000 Nano have been delivered. We have set a
target to deliver all 1.5-lakh booked Nano cars by December
2010," Dube said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report