Tata Motors not to launch new models for two years
Kolkata: The country`s third largest automobile company Tata Motors on Wednesday said it would not launch new models at least for the next two years.
"We have already invested Rs 2,200 crore for making the
Indigo Manza and Indica Vista platforms. We will not launch
new models except for the variants of the existing ones for
the next two years," Tata Motors Car Product Group General
Manager Nitin Seth said.
"Let the investments made give some returns before making
new platforms which required huge money," Seth said at the
launch of Indigo Manza here.
Tata Motors would use the Tata-Fiat production facility
at Ranjangaon in Maharashtra for producing the Indigo Manza.
The facility would manufacture Linea and Punto from the Fiat
stable and Indigo Manza from the Tata Motors stable.
"Tata Motors will try to make better utilisation of the
Ranjangaon facility which has an annual production capacity of
1.25 lakh," he said.
With the launch of Manza, the company aims to garner a
market share of 40 percent in the C segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him