Tata Motors Q2 net up 110% to Rs 729cr
Mumbai: Tata Motors` net profit for the quarter ended September 30 grew by 110 percent to Rs 729.14 crore on the back of cut in forex losses, improvement in operating margin and gain out of selling shares in Tata Steel.
The company had recorded Rs 346.99 crore net profit in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
"The jump in net profit is on account of a combination of factors which include cut in forex losses, improvement in operating margin and selling shares of Tata Steel," Tata Motors` Chief Financial Officer C Ramakrishnan said today.
Tata Motors had a net foreign exchange loss of Rs 245.23 crore in Q2 FY`09 as compared to just Rs 15.31 crore in the latest quarter.
Ramakrishnan also said that Tata Motors had netted Rs 200 crore each in the first and the second quarter of the current fiscal on account of selling its stakes in Tata Steel.
The EBIDTA margin of the company improved by 579 basis points year-on-year to 13.36 percent in the quarter ended September 30, 2009.
Ramakrishnan, however, feared that commodities and components prices are expected to exert pressure on margins in the remaining quarters, but the extent of the impact could not be ascertained now.
The total income from operations during the quarter ended September also increased by 12.71 percent at Rs 7,978.82 crore as against Rs 7,078.85 crore in the year-ago period, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings