Tata Motors sales jump 18% in July
New Delhi: Automaker Tata Motors today
reported a jump of 17.98 per cent in sales during July at
48,054 units compared with 40,729 units the comparable month
The homegrown firm`s passenger vehicle sales in the
domestic market grew by 17.33 per cent at 17,191 units in July
against 14,652 units in the same month last year, the company
said in a statement.
However, the company`s exports in July plummeted by 33.58
per cent at 2,455 units compared with 3,696 units in the same
month last year, it added.
Among individual cars, Tata Motors sold 2,475 units of
its small car Nano since its launch on July 17 while Indica
reported sales of 8,563 units, up 14 per cent over July 2008,
Tata Motors said.
Indigo family, however, recorded sales of 3,499 units,
a fall of 22 per cent over the same month last year. Sales of
Sumo and Safari was flat at 2,638 units.
In the commercial vehicles segment, sales in July in the
domestic market stood at 28,408 units, or up 26.93 per cent
compared with 22,381 units in the same month last year.
Light commercial vehicle during the month saw an increase
of 44 per cent over the last year at 17,750 units while sales
of medium and heavy commercial vehicle stood at 10,658 units,
up 6 per cent compared with July, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in