Tata Motors sales jump 18% in July
New Delhi: Automaker Tata Motors today
reported a jump of 17.98 per cent in sales during July at
48,054 units compared with 40,729 units the comparable month
The homegrown firm`s passenger vehicle sales in the
domestic market grew by 17.33 per cent at 17,191 units in July
against 14,652 units in the same month last year, the company
said in a statement.
However, the company`s exports in July plummeted by 33.58
per cent at 2,455 units compared with 3,696 units in the same
month last year, it added.
Among individual cars, Tata Motors sold 2,475 units of
its small car Nano since its launch on July 17 while Indica
reported sales of 8,563 units, up 14 per cent over July 2008,
Tata Motors said.
Indigo family, however, recorded sales of 3,499 units,
a fall of 22 per cent over the same month last year. Sales of
Sumo and Safari was flat at 2,638 units.
In the commercial vehicles segment, sales in July in the
domestic market stood at 28,408 units, or up 26.93 per cent
compared with 22,381 units in the same month last year.
Light commercial vehicle during the month saw an increase
of 44 per cent over the last year at 17,750 units while sales
of medium and heavy commercial vehicle stood at 10,658 units,
up 6 per cent compared with July, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok