Tata Motors sales jump 77% in January
New Delhi: Automaker Tata Motors on Monday
reported 77.30 per cent jump in its total sales during January
at 65,478 units.
The company had sold 36,931 units during the same month
last year, Tata Motors said in statement.
The home-grown firm`s passenger vehicle sales in the
domestic market grew 43.17 per cent at 26,245 units last
month against 18,331 units in the same period last year.
Its total exports in January jumped over two fold at
3,276 units compared with 1,227 units in the same month last
year, it added.
The `Indica` range reported sales of 11,448 units, the
highest this fiscal, though flat over January last year.
The `Indigo` family, with a sales of 7,258 witnessed a
growth of 83 per cent over the same month last year. `Sumo`
and `Safari` accounted for sales of 3,538 units, a growth of
21 per cent compared with January last year.
Its small car Nano sold 4,001 units during January.
In the commercial vehicles segment, sales in January in
the domestic market jumped over two fold at 35,957 units
compared with 17,373 units sold in the same month last year.
Light commercial vehicles sales during the month were at
20,225 units, up 75 per cent, while medium and heavy
commercial vehicle sales stood at 15,702 units, a jump of over
two fold compared with January, 2009.
The cumulative sales of passenger vehicles in the
domestic market in the first ten months of this fiscal were up
by 14.45 per cent at 1,80,184 units against 1,57,439 units in
the year-ago period, Tata Motors said.
Commercial vehicles` cumulative sales in the domestic
market for the fiscal were 2,91,125 units, an increase of 37
per cent over the corresponding period last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report