Tata Motors showcases `Aria`
New Delhi: Tata Motors on Tuesday previewed `Aria`, a cross-over between a multi-utility and sports utility vehicle, at the Auto Expo here and billed it as a four-wheeler built for Indians by Indian engineers.
The company, however, did not say when it plans to commercially launch Aria.
Tata Motors` current line up of SUVs and MUVs include Safari and Sumo Grande.
"My memory goes 20 years back when we were a truck manufacturer. This is the venue where we introduced Indica and became a passenger car manufacturer.
"Two years back, we also introduced Nano, the world`s cheapest car, here. Today, we are showcasing a whole variety of products. Apart from Aria, there will be products from Jaguar, series of buses and a new world truck, new alternate fuel vehicles and electric vehicles," Tata group Chairman Ratan Tata said at the Auto Expo here.
The company also previewed passenger carrier `Magic Iris` and MPV `Venture`, besides the Jaguar XJ.
"Being a responsible manufacturer, we are concerned for emission norms and safety," he said, adding that what was more important was that "an Indian company working with Indian people has managed to make Tata an international standard company."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details