Tata Power Q1 profit shoot up 144 pc to Rs 397 cr
Mumbai: Tata Power on Friday reported an over two-fold jump in its net profit at Rs 396.97 crore for the first quarter ended June 30.
The company had a net profit (after tax and statutory
appropriations) of Rs 162.55 crore during the three-month
period ended June 30, 2008, Tata Power said in a filing to the
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Total income of the company also rose to Rs 2,123.20
crore during the April-June quarter of the current fiscal
(2009-10) from Rs 2,113.33 crore in the same quarter last
Shares of Tata Power today closed at Rs 1,302.05, up 0.63
per cent from its previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test