Tata Power`s Q2 net drops 28% to Rs 182 cr
Mumbai: Tata Power Company today announced a
net profit of Rs 182.19 crore in the second quarter ended
September 30, 2009, down 28 per cent over the corresponding
period a year ago.
Total income of the Tata Group firm decreased to Rs
1,721.09 crore in the quarter under review from Rs 1,958.88
crore during the same period previous year, Tata Power said in
a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange.
However, for the six-month period ended September 30, its
net profit rose of Rs 579.15 crore from Rs 415.48 crore in the
same period a year ago.
Total income declined to Rs 3,736.71 crore in the
six-month period under review from Rs 3,985.01 crore during
the same period last fiscal.
Shares of the company closed at Rs 1,404.70, up 0.48 per
cent from the previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal