Tata Steel, HDFC world`s most sustainable cos
New York: Two Indian firms--Tata Steel and
HDFC--have made it to a list of the world`s most sustainable
companies by media firm Corporate Knights.
Ratan Tata`s Tata Steel has been ranked on the 90th spot,
while mortgage lender HDFC cornered the 92nd position in the
world`s 100 most sustainable companies list, the Forbes said
attributing to the Toronto-based media company that compiled
"To be considered sustainable, companies must squeeze
four times more wealth out of every resource they use,"
Corporate Knight Editor-in-Chief Toby Heaps said.
US-based General Electric has topped the list, followed
by San Francisco-based utility company Pacific Gas and
Mail delivery firm Tnt Nv of Netherlands and Swedish
clothing company H&M Hennes & Mauritiz have been ranked on the
third and the fourth place respectively.
Among others on the top 10 list includes-- Finnish
handset maker Nokia (5th), Siemens Ag of Germany (6th), UK`s
Unilever (7th), Vodafone (8th), UK-based capital goods firm
Smith Group (9th) and Swiss company Geberit (10th).
The mining giant Rio Tinto and Internet search engine
Google did not figure on the list.
"Google was shut out of the top 100 because of privacy
concerns and issues related to its China operations," Heaps
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly