Tata Steel India ops Oct sales up 38 pct YoY
New Delhi: Tata Steel Ltd, the world`s No 8 steelmaker by output, said on Friday steel sales at its Indian operations rose 38 percent in October from a year earlier to 462,000 tonnes.
The Indian operations contribute about a quarter of the group`s total annual global capacity of 30 million tonnes, which includes Corus, Europe`s second-largest steelmaker.
Saleable steel production in October rose by 27 percent from a year earlier to 570,000 tonnes and crude steel production gained 22 percent to 599,000 tonnes, the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!