Tata Steel India ops Oct sales up 38 pct YoY
New Delhi: Tata Steel Ltd, the world`s No 8 steelmaker by output, said on Friday steel sales at its Indian operations rose 38 percent in October from a year earlier to 462,000 tonnes.
The Indian operations contribute about a quarter of the group`s total annual global capacity of 30 million tonnes, which includes Corus, Europe`s second-largest steelmaker.
Saleable steel production in October rose by 27 percent from a year earlier to 570,000 tonnes and crude steel production gained 22 percent to 599,000 tonnes, the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof