Tata Steel Q1 net loss at Rs 2,238 cr
Mumbai: Tata Steel on Thursday reported a consolidated net loss of Rs 2,238.53 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2009.
The company had a net profit of Rs 3,914.62 crore in the same quarter in the previous fiscal, Tata Steel said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income declined to Rs 23,292.31 crore for the quarter ended June, against Rs 43,496.17 crore in the same period in the corresponding fiscal.
The company has posted a consolidated net loss (after minority interest and share of profit of associated) of Rs 2,208.68 crore for the quarter under review, however it had a net profit (after minority interest and share of profit of associated) of Rs 3,900.90 crore in the same period last year.
Shares of Tata Steel were trading at Rs 438.90 on the BSE, down 4.60 per cent from the previous close.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference