Tata Steel Q1 net loss at Rs 2,238 cr
Mumbai: Tata Steel on Thursday reported a consolidated net loss of Rs 2,238.53 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2009.
The company had a net profit of Rs 3,914.62 crore in the same quarter in the previous fiscal, Tata Steel said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income declined to Rs 23,292.31 crore for the quarter ended June, against Rs 43,496.17 crore in the same period in the corresponding fiscal.
The company has posted a consolidated net loss (after minority interest and share of profit of associated) of Rs 2,208.68 crore for the quarter under review, however it had a net profit (after minority interest and share of profit of associated) of Rs 3,900.90 crore in the same period last year.
Shares of Tata Steel were trading at Rs 438.90 on the BSE, down 4.60 per cent from the previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends