Tata Steel sales jump 25% in August
Mumbai: Tata Steel Ltd, the world`s No. 8 steelmaker by output, said on Monday that August steel sales at its Indian operations rose 25 percent from a year earlier to 492,000 tonnes.
The local operations contribute about a quarter of the group`s total annual global capacity of 30 million tonnes, which includes Corus, Europe`s second-largest steelmaker.
The strong performance came on the back of an 81 percent jump in sales of long products, used in construction, from a year earlier.
Saleable steel production in August rose by 14 percent from a year earlier to 526,000 tonnes, the company said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city