Tata Steel to start improving from third quarter: Muthuraman
Jamshedpur: Tata Steel Managing Director B Muthuraman on Friday said the private steel major has a bright future and would start improving performance from the third quarter of the current fiscal with growing steel demand.
"Tata Steel`s performance will be better in the second quarter compared to first quarter. But, it will start recovering from the prevailing global meltdown from third quarter onwards," Muthuraman told reporters on the sidelines of a function here today.
Muthuraman, who will retire by the end of next month,
admitted that he had assumed the charge of the company during
difficult times but sailed through smoothly owing to the
efficient employees of the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'