Tata Steel up price by Rs 2,000, SAIL withdraws discounts
New Delhi: Dampening the Christmas mood,
leading steel makers Tata Steel has jacked up prices by Rs
2000 a tonne, while SAIL has discounted its discounts, with
immediate effect, on the back of rising demand.
Others are also mulling similar action, with the
country`s largest private steel maker by domestic capacity JSW
Steel considering a similar action tomorrow.
Tata Steel hiked prices of its long steel products by
about Rs 2,000 a tonne. "The hike is from immediate effect.
We have not revised our flat steel prices," a spokesperson of
the company said.
"We have removed the Rs 750-1,500 per tonne rebate we
were offering on both flat and long steel products with
immediate effect," SAIL spokesperson said today. The country`s
largest steel maker started offering discounts to distributors
in the wake of demand slump due to the economic downturn to
Significantly, SAIL is also mulling a price hike next
JSW Steel director for sales & marketing Jayant Acharya
said the firm is considering to increase price of TMT bars,
used by construction firms, by five to six per cent from
tomorrow. The hike is likely to be of up to Rs 2,000 a tonne.
Long steel products are mainly used by infrastructure and
construction sectors while flat ones are used by consumer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections