Tata`s Gateway Hotels to set up 125-room hotel in Shirdi
Mumbai: The Tata Group`s hospitality brand,
Gateway Hotel, will set up a 125-room hotel in Shirdi,
Maharashtra, with a view to leverage the State Government`s
plan to develop the town as an international pilgrimage centre
with modern facilities.
The company has signed a management contract to set up
the hotel on a 16-acre prime location in the town.
"This new hotel will be a 125-room property with
state-of-the-art banqueting, conferencing and meeting
facilities," The Gateway Hotels Chief Operating Officer P K
Mohankumar said in a press release.
The Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation
(MSRDC) will take up projects to develop roadways measuring
nearly 25 kilometres around the shrine, the release said.
"Given the administration`s proposed plan to develop the
town and expected ensuing demand for infrastructure, we feel
that The Gateway Shirdi will be able to offer a modern and
convenient option to all visiting devotees and tourists,"
Gateways Hotels has partnered Orbital Realty for the
Shirdi project, its 32nd property so far.
The hotel will be situated 3.5 kilometres from the main
shrine, 1.5 kilometres from the Shirdi railway station and 5
kilometres from the proposed airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery