Tata`s Gateway Hotels to set up 125-room hotel in Shirdi
Mumbai: The Tata Group`s hospitality brand,
Gateway Hotel, will set up a 125-room hotel in Shirdi,
Maharashtra, with a view to leverage the State Government`s
plan to develop the town as an international pilgrimage centre
with modern facilities.
The company has signed a management contract to set up
the hotel on a 16-acre prime location in the town.
"This new hotel will be a 125-room property with
state-of-the-art banqueting, conferencing and meeting
facilities," The Gateway Hotels Chief Operating Officer P K
Mohankumar said in a press release.
The Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation
(MSRDC) will take up projects to develop roadways measuring
nearly 25 kilometres around the shrine, the release said.
"Given the administration`s proposed plan to develop the
town and expected ensuing demand for infrastructure, we feel
that The Gateway Shirdi will be able to offer a modern and
convenient option to all visiting devotees and tourists,"
Gateways Hotels has partnered Orbital Realty for the
Shirdi project, its 32nd property so far.
The hotel will be situated 3.5 kilometres from the main
shrine, 1.5 kilometres from the Shirdi railway station and 5
kilometres from the proposed airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!