Tata`s Gateway Hotels to set up 125-room hotel in Shirdi
Mumbai: The Tata Group`s hospitality brand,
Gateway Hotel, will set up a 125-room hotel in Shirdi,
Maharashtra, with a view to leverage the State Government`s
plan to develop the town as an international pilgrimage centre
with modern facilities.
The company has signed a management contract to set up
the hotel on a 16-acre prime location in the town.
"This new hotel will be a 125-room property with
state-of-the-art banqueting, conferencing and meeting
facilities," The Gateway Hotels Chief Operating Officer P K
Mohankumar said in a press release.
The Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation
(MSRDC) will take up projects to develop roadways measuring
nearly 25 kilometres around the shrine, the release said.
"Given the administration`s proposed plan to develop the
town and expected ensuing demand for infrastructure, we feel
that The Gateway Shirdi will be able to offer a modern and
convenient option to all visiting devotees and tourists,"
Gateways Hotels has partnered Orbital Realty for the
Shirdi project, its 32nd property so far.
The hotel will be situated 3.5 kilometres from the main
shrine, 1.5 kilometres from the Shirdi railway station and 5
kilometres from the proposed airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back