Tata`s new plan: Talk endlessly for Re 1
New Delhi: Indian call charges touched a new low today with telecom operator Tata Teleservices` new tariff plan that allows CDMA subscribers unlimited hours on local calls for just Re 1.
In the new `Pay-Per-Call` plan, the company has moved
away from the usual practice of charging on a one minute-pulse basis. Instead Tata Teleservices pre-paid CDMA subscribers will be charged Re 1 for all local calls and Rs 3 for long distance calls, regardless of the duration.
Tata Indicom and Teleservices subscribers would be able
to avail of the plan by paying a daily fee of Re 1 or Rs 30
monthly and call rates would also apply on mobile to landline
and to calls made to other networks.
The plan also offers subsidised rate for SMSes or short
message service at Re 0.50, for both local and national SMS.
"Pay-per-call will change the pricing paradigm in the
telecom space and endless talks does not mean the caller will
misuse the facility as there will be monitoring of the calling
pattern of subscribes once any abuse of the scheme is noticed.
Usually a caller talks for 405 minutes on a local call and
three minutes on STD", said Tata Teleservices managing
director Anil Sardana.
Vineet Bhatia, the company`s chief operating officer for
Delhi and head of the northern region said, "The service gives
consumers freedom to talk to their hearts` content without any
of the hassles they face on the charging front."
The service is available on all new Tata Indicom
connections for Rs 99 with a validity of 10 years, and on
one-time recharge of Rs 96 for existing customers.
The company expects volumes to make up for the loss of
average revenue per user in this plan. TTSL`s CDMA service is
pan-India and has a subscriber base of under 40 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway