Tatas to tighten management grip on JLR
London: Having secured the much-needed funds for Jaguar Land Rover without the government help, its Indian parent Tatas are now tightening their management control on the carmaker, but are unhappy over the way their request for help was handled by the UK authorities, a report said on Sunday.
"Tata feels that it has not been well treated. It is one of the biggest inward investors in the UK and yet it has been made to feel like a company that would take the money and run," a report in the Sunday Times quoted one industry source as saying.
"Tata executives are understood still to be fuming at how the government handled their request for assistance when the credit crunch and recession triggered a collapse in sales," the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed