Tatas to tighten management grip on JLR
London: Having secured the much-needed funds for Jaguar Land Rover without the government help, its Indian parent Tatas are now tightening their management control on the carmaker, but are unhappy over the way their request for help was handled by the UK authorities, a report said on Sunday.
"Tata feels that it has not been well treated. It is one of the biggest inward investors in the UK and yet it has been made to feel like a company that would take the money and run," a report in the Sunday Times quoted one industry source as saying.
"Tata executives are understood still to be fuming at how the government handled their request for assistance when the credit crunch and recession triggered a collapse in sales," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das