Tax evasion to be treated as criminal offence
New Delhi: The High Level Committee constituted by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, in its first meeting held, has decided to treat tax evasion as a criminal offence, disclosed a source who wished to remain anonymous.
However the proposal is back on the table given the pressure on the government to crack down on black money. It is also believed that there might be a requirement to make an amendment to the existing law Prevention of Corruption Act. To Read Full story – Click Here»"target="_blank" style="color:red " >To Read Full story – Click Here»
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?