TCS aims 10% revenue from govt projs; to hire 25,000 people
Chandigarh: Finding immense potential in government projects, leading IT company Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is aiming 10 per cent of its total revenue from these projects in the next three years, besides, adding 25,000 employees this year.
"Currently, our revenue from government projects is very
small and we want to raise it to at least 10 per cent of our
total revenue in the next three years," TCS Vice President
(Head Global Government Industry Group) Tanmoy Chakrabarty
said here today on the sidelines of an E-revolution initiative
organized jointly by Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh.
TCS last year recorded total revenue of USD 6 billion and
it expects to increase it to USD 10 billion in the next few
years. Out of the total revenue, the domestic market has a
share of 70 per cent and the rest comes from the global
markets, he said.
TCS would also hire 25,000 more people this year to
support its ongoing and upcoming projects. "We have an
employee strength of 1.45 lakh people and we want to add
25,000 more people this year," he said.
In the domestic market, the company was developing a Rs
1,000-crore `Passport Seva Project` to provide speedy passport
TCS is also looking to tap opportunities to be offered by
Unique Identification Database (UID), headed by Infosys former
Co-Chairman Nandan Nilekan. "We would like to avail
opportunities to be thrown by UID projects although they are
still in early stages," he said.
TCS is also keen to engage in E-Panchayat projects,
which are expected to be rolled out by the Ministry of
"The ministry is considering launching E-Panchayats
across the country in order to bring transparency and
efficiency in the system...we think in the next two years
E-panchayats will be a reality," he said.
Besides looking to capture government projects here, the
company is also bullish about government projects in
The company has decided to tap such projects in emerging
overseas markets such as China, Middle East, Africa, US, Latin
America and South East Asia.
"We will be tapping new overseas markets for carrying out
IT projects as there is a huge potential available there which
needs to be exploited," he said.
Currently, the company is carrying out Core Banking
solutions project for the world`s largest bank in China. "It
is one of the biggest projects for us to launch Core Banking
for the Bank of China which has the largest network in the
world," he said.
Moreover, TCS is also in the process of digitizing the
taxation process for the government of Uganda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi