TCS partners Microsoft for setting up virtualisation centre
Mumbai: IT outsourcing firm Tata Consultancy
Services has entered into an alliance with Microsoft India to
launch a virtualisation Center of Excellence (CoE) in Chennai.
The Microsoft-TCS virtualisation CoE is a joint
initiative by the companies to accelerate the adoption of virtualisation technology in India, TCS said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange today.
"Virtualisation is one of the most disruptive
technologies in the world today. Through our partnership...we
will address this crucial market need and help customers lend
the benefits of virtualisation technology," Microsoft India
Managing Director Rajan Anandan said.
Virtualisation is the creation of a virtual (rather than
actual) version of something, such as an operating system, a
server, a storage device or network resources. This helps
companies in cutting costs and optimising resources.
"We are always looking to enhance the services we provide
to our customers. The Microsoft-TCS virtualisation CoE is an
initiative aimed at enabling our customers rapidly realise the
advantages of this technology," TCS Infrastructure Services,
Vice President & Global Head PR Krishnan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem