TCS Q2 net profit up 29.17% at Rs 1,642-crore
Mumbai: Tata group company, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), on Friday reported net profit of Rs 1,642-crore in the second quarter (July-September), up 29.17 percent over the corresponding period last year.
The company posted a revenue of Rs 7,435-crore in the same period, up 6.93 percent compared to the year-ago period, the company said.
"TCS has delivered a sterling performance during the quarter. We are seeing an improvement in market conditions. With our clients` budgets still being tightly managed, we continue to deliver higher value to customers, deepening our relationships and focusing on superior operational management," its Managing Director & CEO, N Chandrasekaran, said.
The investments made by TCS in its market footprint and its full services offerings was holding it in good stead to capitalise on emerging growth opportunities, he added.
The company`s international business grew 5.3 percent sequentially in Rupee terms.
TCS`s strong market presence in the US helped the company capitalise on the emerging US recovery, a company statement said.
During the reporting quarter, the IT major added 30 new clients. Besides, it added 5,530 employees.
The company plans to add 8,000 new professionals in the October-December quarter, the statement said.
Chandrasekaran said that the BFSI segment led the growth revival with ten large deals closed across manufacturing, retail and energy life-sciences in India.
"Major deals were also sealed in the US and Europe," he said.
The TCS chief highlighted the fact that three large full-service deals were struck during the reporting quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- From waiter to an Olympian in Rio: This is India's unsung hero Manish Rawat's story – HATS OFF!
- Do you know how harmful leading a sedentary lifestyle is? - Read
- HILARIOUS! Indian Twitter roasts Sanjay Manjrekar for siding with Piers Morgan
- Minor gang-raped in UP's Etah
- Three drowned as car plunges into canal in UP