TCS Q3 net up 30%; declares 200% dividend
The company has announced 200 percent dividend. It has declared the third interim dividend of Rs 2 per equity share of Re 1 each.
TCS had recorded net profit of Rs 1,823.90 crore in the October-December 2009 quarter, the company said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Income from operations rose to Rs 9,663.35 crore during the Q3 of the current fiscal, up 26.34 percent from Rs 7,648.53 crore in the year-ago period. It added 35 new clients during the quarter.
"Our ongoing performance has been the result of the sustained effort from all operating teams to focus on growth with profitability," TCS CEO and MD N Chandrasekaran said.
The company said it added 20,219 people (gross) during the quarter, its highest addition yet, taking the total headcount to 1,86,914 at the end of the December quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 14 athletes in 2008 Beijing Games positive in new drug tests: Russian Olympic Committee
- Afghan Taliban confirm death of chief Mullah Mansour, appoint new leader
- Angry African diplomats seek answers from Indian govt over attacks and harassment
- 7th pay commission: Secretaries group to submit report on revised pay structures by June end
- Jose Mourinho: Former Chelsea boss is all set to become Mancheser United's new manager