TCS Q3 net up 30%; declares 200% dividend
The company has announced 200 percent dividend. It has declared the third interim dividend of Rs 2 per equity share of Re 1 each.
TCS had recorded net profit of Rs 1,823.90 crore in the October-December 2009 quarter, the company said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Income from operations rose to Rs 9,663.35 crore during the Q3 of the current fiscal, up 26.34 percent from Rs 7,648.53 crore in the year-ago period. It added 35 new clients during the quarter.
"Our ongoing performance has been the result of the sustained effort from all operating teams to focus on growth with profitability," TCS CEO and MD N Chandrasekaran said.
The company said it added 20,219 people (gross) during the quarter, its highest addition yet, taking the total headcount to 1,86,914 at the end of the December quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what