TCS sees recovery in global banking sector
Kuala Lumpur: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS), India`s top IT services firm by sales, expects a recovery in the global banking sector to boost its revenues this year, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
S Ramadorai said the company was seeing some signs of a recovery in the demand for outsourcing, especially from the banking, financial services and insurance sectors that account for 43 percent of its business.
"We see some signs of activity where businesses have reinvented themselves to reach out to customers, so that will definitely force a lot of IT options," Ramadorai told Reuters on the sidelines of an investment conference in the Malaysian capital.
"The (global banking and finance) industry is beginning to look at discretionary spend which was frozen completely after the crisis."
To meet the recovery in demand and tap future business growth in Asia-Pacific countries, Latin America and back home, TCS would be looking to hire 18,000 workers in the financial year ending March 2010, Ramadorai said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata