TCS tops Asian Sustainability Ratings for 2009
New Delhi: Software major Tata Consultancy
Sevices (TCS) has been ranked as the top company in India in
terms of its sustainability practices by research and
consultancy firm CSR Asia.
The Asian Sustainability Ratings (ASR(TM))released by CSR
Asia ranked the 200 largest listed companies in ten markets
operating in Asia Pacific on their sustainability disclosures.
The survey has ranked 20 large-sized firms in India
according to their sustainability practices. TCS has been
ranked first and is followed by conglomerate ITC Ltd (second),
IT major Infosys Technologies (third), Larsen and Toubro
(fourth) and petrochemical giant Reliance Industries (fifth).
Other companies in the India list include-- ONGC (sixth),
Indian Oil Corporation (seventh), Bharti Airtel (eighth),
Steel Authority of India (ninth) and NMDC (tenth).
This the first Asia-based analysis of largest companies
in the region, allowing investors and other stakeholders to
understand the economic, social and governance activities of
listed companies, the report said.
The methodology of the rankings include usage of 51
indicators to score each of the companies under six indicator
section headings which included Governance and Policy,
Strategy and Communication, Marketplace and Supply chain,
Workplace and People, Environment & Community and Development.
The other nine nations in ASR survey were --Australia,
China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines,
Singapore and Thailand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!