Team Profile: Canada
A top place finish in Pan American Cup in Santiago saw Canada earn their World Cup berth as early as March 2009. The purple path that Canada endured, saw them overwhelm the likes of World Cup regulars Argentina and the United States.
Pooled in Group A, under head coach Alan Brahmst, Canada rely on experience and appear more than capable of causing a few upsets.
Canadians are led by captain, the 36-year old Ken Pereira, while Rob Short, 37, playing his last world cup in all likelihoods, would be keen to sign out on a high.
Canada will be taking part in their fifth FIH Hockey World Cup and their first since Utrecht 1998. At Utrecht, Canada recorded their best World Cup finish (eighth place), after finishing 11th in Buenos Aires 1978 and Lahore 1990 and 10th in London 1986.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan