Teary-eyed Rathore hits out at shooting federation
New Delhi: A teary-eyed Rajyavardhan Singh
Rathore today lashed out at the National Rifle Association of
India (NRAI), saying the treatment meted out to him by the
federation nearly forced him to quit the sport.
"Unfortunately, in the last one year, the way I have been
kept out was not very good. So, I wanted to give up shooting,"
the Athens Olympics gold medallist said on the sidelines of
the National Shooting Championship at the Karni Singh Shooting
The Col, who was left out of the Indian squad for the
Delhi Commonwealth Games last October for skipping selection
trials, said, "I always wanted to be with the game and, you
know, I love this sport. I always wanted to be part of it and
know that I can give something back to the sport," Rathore
Rathore, who stood disqualified for selection to the CWG
squad, silenced his detractors by winning the double trap gold
on the first day of the championship today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack