Teary-eyed Rathore hits out at shooting federation
New Delhi: A teary-eyed Rajyavardhan Singh
Rathore today lashed out at the National Rifle Association of
India (NRAI), saying the treatment meted out to him by the
federation nearly forced him to quit the sport.
"Unfortunately, in the last one year, the way I have been
kept out was not very good. So, I wanted to give up shooting,"
the Athens Olympics gold medallist said on the sidelines of
the National Shooting Championship at the Karni Singh Shooting
The Col, who was left out of the Indian squad for the
Delhi Commonwealth Games last October for skipping selection
trials, said, "I always wanted to be with the game and, you
know, I love this sport. I always wanted to be part of it and
know that I can give something back to the sport," Rathore
Rathore, who stood disqualified for selection to the CWG
squad, silenced his detractors by winning the double trap gold
on the first day of the championship today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH