Teary-eyed Rathore hits out at shooting federation
New Delhi: A teary-eyed Rajyavardhan Singh
Rathore today lashed out at the National Rifle Association of
India (NRAI), saying the treatment meted out to him by the
federation nearly forced him to quit the sport.
"Unfortunately, in the last one year, the way I have been
kept out was not very good. So, I wanted to give up shooting,"
the Athens Olympics gold medallist said on the sidelines of
the National Shooting Championship at the Karni Singh Shooting
The Col, who was left out of the Indian squad for the
Delhi Commonwealth Games last October for skipping selection
trials, said, "I always wanted to be with the game and, you
know, I love this sport. I always wanted to be part of it and
know that I can give something back to the sport," Rathore
Rathore, who stood disqualified for selection to the CWG
squad, silenced his detractors by winning the double trap gold
on the first day of the championship today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest