Teen Indian long-jumper in final of World Jr Athletics C`ship
Moncton: Promising long-jumper
Ankit Sharma celebrated his 19th birthday by qualifying for
the final of the IAAF World Junior Athletics Championship
The Itawa-boy covered a distance of 7.60m in his third
and last attempt to make it to the final. He finished third in
The qualifying mark was 7.70m or best 12.
Last year, Ankit had become the first Indian to finish
fifth in the IAAF World Youth Athletics Championship.
He recently won a bronze medal in the Asian Junior
Athletics Championship at Hanoi with a new Indian junior
record of 7.77m.
Ankit will now compete in a group of 12 and the top eight
will get three extra attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter