Teen Indian long-jumper in final of World Jr Athletics C`ship
Moncton: Promising long-jumper
Ankit Sharma celebrated his 19th birthday by qualifying for
the final of the IAAF World Junior Athletics Championship
The Itawa-boy covered a distance of 7.60m in his third
and last attempt to make it to the final. He finished third in
The qualifying mark was 7.70m or best 12.
Last year, Ankit had become the first Indian to finish
fifth in the IAAF World Youth Athletics Championship.
He recently won a bronze medal in the Asian Junior
Athletics Championship at Hanoi with a new Indian junior
record of 7.77m.
Ankit will now compete in a group of 12 and the top eight
will get three extra attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal