Teen rape victim ends life in Maharashtra
Thane: A teenage girl, who was allegedly
raped, has succumbed to her burn injuries in a civil hospital
here, after she set herself ablaze after the incident, police
The rape victim set herself on fire last week died on
Monday after she was shifted here from the Sahapur hospital
with more than 80 per cent burns, they said.
The teenager, a resident of Rasgaon village was
allegedly raped by a carpenter in tribal Sahapur taluka on
October 11 and was kept in captivity by him for two days and
sexually assaulted, they said.
The girl who returned home two days later took the
extreme step after she was threatened by the accused against
disclosing the crime, police said.
Meanwhile, police have launched manhunt for the
The deceased parents, who work as daily labourers have
not lodged any complaint, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'