Teen rape victim ends life in Maharashtra
Thane: A teenage girl, who was allegedly
raped, has succumbed to her burn injuries in a civil hospital
here, after she set herself ablaze after the incident, police
The rape victim set herself on fire last week died on
Monday after she was shifted here from the Sahapur hospital
with more than 80 per cent burns, they said.
The teenager, a resident of Rasgaon village was
allegedly raped by a carpenter in tribal Sahapur taluka on
October 11 and was kept in captivity by him for two days and
sexually assaulted, they said.
The girl who returned home two days later took the
extreme step after she was threatened by the accused against
disclosing the crime, police said.
Meanwhile, police have launched manhunt for the
The deceased parents, who work as daily labourers have
not lodged any complaint, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs