Teimet wins as Kenyans dominate Seoul marathon
Seoul: Sylvester Teimet Kimeli won the Seoul International men’s marathon ahead of three fellow-Kenyans in a race record two hours six minutes and 49 seconds on Sunday.
Teimet’s time, a personal best for the 26-year-old, bettered the 2:07:06 set by South Africa’s Gert Thys in 2004.
Amane Gobena of Ethiopia won the women’s race in 2:24:13, also a personal best. China’s former London marathon winner and Beijing Olympics bronze medallist Zhou Chunxiu was second.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!