Ten IAS officers transferred, UP to have two ADG for crime
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has
transferred ten IAS officers, including principal secretary to
Chief Minister Mayawati, and decided to have two IPS officers
of the Additional Director General rank to control crime.
The state government last night transferred Principal
Secretary J N Chamber to planning department in the same
capacity with additional charge of Small Industries and Export
Promotion and Secretariat administration, official sources
said here on Tuesday.
He will replace Shrikrishna, who goes to Rural Development
Department as Principal Secretary with Additional
charge of Horticulture and Food Processing Departments.
While, Principal Secretary infrastructure V N Garg has
been given additional charge of Industrial Development
Department, Principal Secretary Rural Development Rohit Nandan
has been transferred to Agriculture Department.
Commercial Tax Commissioner Anit Sant has been posted as
Secretary to the Chief Minister with additional charge of
Additional Resident Commissioner at New Delhi.
In another decision aimed at improving the law and order,
the state will now have two ADG rank officers-- Brij Lal and
A K Jain.
While Lal will look after 10 zones in eastern UP along
with the charge of STF, Jain will look after eight zones of
western UP along with Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS).
Jain would also continue to hold additional charge of
Chief Minister`s security.
Three other IPS officers, promoted to the rank of DG, have
also been transferred late last night.
While ADG CB-CID A L Banerjee has been moved to Special
Investigation Team, Lucknow, ADG Provincial Armed Constabulary
(west zone) Gyan Singh has been sent to Economic Offences
ADG PAC (central zone)S N Singh has been shifted to fire
Meanwhile, in the administrative reshuffle, Chob Singh
Varma, who was under transfer as district magistrate Basti,
has been sent to Revenue Board as member judicial.
Additional Project Director Sarvshiksha Amit Gupta has
been transferred as DM Hamirpur and Manish Chauhan, who was on
waiting list, has been posted as DM Azamgarh.
Managing Director Poorvanchal Power Distribution Company
Pankaj Kumar has been shifted as DM Basti, whereas DM Hamirpur
Sameer Varma goes to Lakhimpur Kheri in the same capacity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal