Ten IAS officers transferred, UP to have two ADG for crime
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has
transferred ten IAS officers, including principal secretary to
Chief Minister Mayawati, and decided to have two IPS officers
of the Additional Director General rank to control crime.
The state government last night transferred Principal
Secretary J N Chamber to planning department in the same
capacity with additional charge of Small Industries and Export
Promotion and Secretariat administration, official sources
said here on Tuesday.
He will replace Shrikrishna, who goes to Rural Development
Department as Principal Secretary with Additional
charge of Horticulture and Food Processing Departments.
While, Principal Secretary infrastructure V N Garg has
been given additional charge of Industrial Development
Department, Principal Secretary Rural Development Rohit Nandan
has been transferred to Agriculture Department.
Commercial Tax Commissioner Anit Sant has been posted as
Secretary to the Chief Minister with additional charge of
Additional Resident Commissioner at New Delhi.
In another decision aimed at improving the law and order,
the state will now have two ADG rank officers-- Brij Lal and
A K Jain.
While Lal will look after 10 zones in eastern UP along
with the charge of STF, Jain will look after eight zones of
western UP along with Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS).
Jain would also continue to hold additional charge of
Chief Minister`s security.
Three other IPS officers, promoted to the rank of DG, have
also been transferred late last night.
While ADG CB-CID A L Banerjee has been moved to Special
Investigation Team, Lucknow, ADG Provincial Armed Constabulary
(west zone) Gyan Singh has been sent to Economic Offences
ADG PAC (central zone)S N Singh has been shifted to fire
Meanwhile, in the administrative reshuffle, Chob Singh
Varma, who was under transfer as district magistrate Basti,
has been sent to Revenue Board as member judicial.
Additional Project Director Sarvshiksha Amit Gupta has
been transferred as DM Hamirpur and Manish Chauhan, who was on
waiting list, has been posted as DM Azamgarh.
Managing Director Poorvanchal Power Distribution Company
Pankaj Kumar has been shifted as DM Basti, whereas DM Hamirpur
Sameer Varma goes to Lakhimpur Kheri in the same capacity.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?