Tendulkar’s ouster dents India’s already bleak prospect in CT
Johannesburg: Even before the first ball of the all important match between India and West Indies was bowled, Team India suffered a big blow with star batsman Sachin Tendulkar being ruled out due to food poisoning.
The news that Sachin Tendulkar won’t be playing was confirmed by Team India’s manager in South Africa and Dinesh Karthik would be his replacement in the playing eleven.
Dhoni also decided to drop pacer Ishant Sharma and call Abhishek Nayar for the match which will be of vital importance if Pakistan manages to hold Australia from making to the semis.
The match will start at 1800 hours India Standard Time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!