Terminator robots could trigger Armageddon, murder millions
London: Computer experts say robots being developed by various militaries the world over could turn on their inventors and murder millions of people.
Scientists fear that these Terminator-like self-thinking, attack resistant and heavily armed robots could not only attack humans but also help terrorists to penetrate into the army by hacking.
The Daily Star quoted Prof Noel Sharkey, an expert in artificial intelligence and robotics at Sheffield University, as saying: “The next thing that’s coming, and this is what really scares me, are armed autonomous robots.”
“The robot will do the killing itself. This will make decision-making faster and allow one person to control many robots.
“A single soldier could initiate a large-scale attack from the air and the ground. It could happen now, the technology’s there,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...