`Terror suspects got money from Dubai to strike ONGC`
Mumbai: Two suspects arrested for allegedly
plotting terror strikes on ONCG headquarters and two markets
in prime areas in the city had received money from a Pakistani
national based in Dubai through a UAE financial firm, says the
chargesheet filed by Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in
a local court.
"Investigation has revealed that accused received money
in Mumbai through the UAE Exchange and Financial Services Ltd
sent by Pakistani person from Dubai," the 653-page chargesheet
filed by ATS in the court, on Tuesday, said.
The chargesheet filed against the two terror suspects
Abdul Latif alias Guddu (29) and Riyaz Ali (23) -- both in
custody of ATS -- and absconding 1993 bomb blast accused
Bashir Khan, reveals that ONGC headquarters, Thakkar Mall in
suburban Mumbai and Mangaldas market in South Mumbai were the
On March 13, ATS had arrested Guddu and Riyaz from near
Matunga railway station in central Mumbai.
The criminal conspiracy to carry out the terror strikes
was hatched in Pakistan allegedly by Bashir, a close aide of
underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, who had masterminded the serial
blasts of 1993 along with another absconding accused, Tiger
Memon, ATS said.
The duo had conducted recce of target sites as per the
instructions given by Bashir from Karachi, whom they referred
to as `Uncle`, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi