Terror threat to World Badminton Championship
Hyderabad: A terror alert has been sounded
for the World Badminton Championship site at GMC Balayogi
Stadium here from August 10 to 16, with the shadow of the
dreaded Lashkar-e-Taiba looming over the tournament.
Sleuths of the Intelligence Bureau visited the stadium
as well as the badminton academy being run by
player-turned-coach Pullela Gopichand at Gachchibowli here
today to take stock of the situation and alert the organisers
over the possible threat from the LeT, highly-placed police
sources told news agencies.
The Badminton Association of India confirmed the visit
by Intelligence Bureau sleuths though the Cyberabad police,
under whose jurisdiction the event is being held, remained
"Yes, the IB people have visited the stadium and the
Academy and issued a general alert," BAI joint secretary K Ch
Punnaiah Choudary said.
Cyberabad Police Commissioner S Prabhakar Reddy, when
contacted, refuse to comment on the issue.
State police spokesman and Additional Director General
of Police (Law and Order) A K Khan too was evasive saying the
issue was being looked after by the Cyberabad police.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut