Terry happy to wait for Chelsea FC top job
London: John Terry expects Andre Villas-Boas to make him wait for some time before he achieves his dream of becoming Chelsea boss.
Terry, now 30 and with three years left on his 150,000-pounds-a-week contract, has spoken about how he wants to become manager of the club.
“That is my overall aim, to become manager of Chelsea. It’s great for the players here looking at what has happened – especially with bringing in Roberto Di Matteo as well, giving chances to players who have been around the club and who know Chelsea inside out. That is my overall aim, to become manager of Chelsea,” a daily quoted Terry, as saying.
“You do set yourself targets. I have got three years left on my deal and I will be 33 then – but I’m certainly envisaging Andre being in charge here for a long time. It’s incredible what he has achieved. We have all spoken about managers coming and going at Chelsea, but I’m certain Andre will be around for a good while,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels