Terry happy to wait for Chelsea FC top job
London: John Terry expects Andre Villas-Boas to make him wait for some time before he achieves his dream of becoming Chelsea boss.
Terry, now 30 and with three years left on his 150,000-pounds-a-week contract, has spoken about how he wants to become manager of the club.
“That is my overall aim, to become manager of Chelsea. It’s great for the players here looking at what has happened – especially with bringing in Roberto Di Matteo as well, giving chances to players who have been around the club and who know Chelsea inside out. That is my overall aim, to become manager of Chelsea,” a daily quoted Terry, as saying.
“You do set yourself targets. I have got three years left on my deal and I will be 33 then – but I’m certainly envisaging Andre being in charge here for a long time. It’s incredible what he has achieved. We have all spoken about managers coming and going at Chelsea, but I’m certain Andre will be around for a good while,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'