Tevez leads Man City to 4-1 rout of Fulham
London: Manchester City turned on the style in front of Diego Maradona to humble Fulham 4-1 on Sunday and reclaim fourth place in the English Premier League.
Maradona, a guest of Fulham at Craven Cottage, watched his Argentine compatriot Carlos Tevez tear the home side apart with two goals.
Tevez opened the scoring in sixth minute and set up Yaya Toure for City`s third after just 35 minutes.
In between, another Argentine, Pablo Zabaleta, made it two with a swerving 20-metre shot, before Tevez provided the flourish on 56 minutes with an improvised flick from close range.
The win moved City on to 25 points, three behind joint leaders Chelsea and Manchester United, and relieved some of the pressure on manager Roberto Mancini.
Chelsea lost 1-0 to Birmingham City on Saturday and United beat Wigan Athletic 2-0 at Old Trafford. Arsenal, in third on 26 points, lost 3-2 at home to Tottenham Hotspur.
Fulham, who replied with a consolation from Zoltan Gera in the 70th minute, are fourth from bottom, clear of the relegation zone only on goal difference.
Earlier on Sunday, Blackburn Rovers gave their new Indian owners an immediate return with a 2-0 victory over Aston Villa that lifted them five places to 11th.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India