Tevez the best football player I have played with: Johnson
London: Twenty-three-year-old England star Adam Johnson has described Manchester City and Argentine star Carlos Tevez as the best footballer he has ever played with or against.
City winger Johnson, who hopes to feature in England`s 2012 qualifier against Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday, admits Tevez, 27, would be almost impossible to replace.
A leading daily quoted Johnson, as saying: "He carries us sometimes with his goals and his drive. He is probably the best player I have played with. Some of the goals and some of the stuff he does in training is just unbelievable.”
He added: "I hope we keep hold of him because he will be a major part next season, when we are playing in the Champions League. He``d be hard to replace. There are probably only five or six strikers out there who get you that many goals a season at the highest level. So, it would be great if we could keep him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves