Tevez the best football player I have played with: Johnson
London: Twenty-three-year-old England star Adam Johnson has described Manchester City and Argentine star Carlos Tevez as the best footballer he has ever played with or against.
City winger Johnson, who hopes to feature in England`s 2012 qualifier against Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday, admits Tevez, 27, would be almost impossible to replace.
A leading daily quoted Johnson, as saying: "He carries us sometimes with his goals and his drive. He is probably the best player I have played with. Some of the goals and some of the stuff he does in training is just unbelievable.”
He added: "I hope we keep hold of him because he will be a major part next season, when we are playing in the Champions League. He``d be hard to replace. There are probably only five or six strikers out there who get you that many goals a season at the highest level. So, it would be great if we could keep him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why