Tevez to stay with City after settling row with Mancini
Manchester: Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has pledged his future to Manchester City after resolving his differences with manager Roberto Mancini, the Italian said on Friday.
Mancini said last week that Tevez could leave Eastlands if he was unhappy at the Premier League Club after the pair fell out over the Italian’s training methods.
On Friday, Mancini confirmed the duo had cleared the air and the striker, voted the club’s Player of the Year this season, had no intension of seeking a transfer.
“I have spoken with him,” Mancini told reporters.
“I asked him, ‘are you happy to stay here?’ and he said he was very happy.
“He says he wants to stay here, improve even more and help the club win things. He’s a top player and one who is very important to this club.”
Mancini, whose side missed out on securing a Champions League qualifying spot, will meet the club’s owners next week to discuss his transfer budget as he wants make some significant signings during the close season.
“It’s important that we buy players that can help us improve as a team next season. I don’t know how many new players will be possible, but we will see,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head