Tevez to stay with City after settling row with Mancini
Manchester: Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has pledged his future to Manchester City after resolving his differences with manager Roberto Mancini, the Italian said on Friday.
Mancini said last week that Tevez could leave Eastlands if he was unhappy at the Premier League Club after the pair fell out over the Italian’s training methods.
On Friday, Mancini confirmed the duo had cleared the air and the striker, voted the club’s Player of the Year this season, had no intension of seeking a transfer.
“I have spoken with him,” Mancini told reporters.
“I asked him, ‘are you happy to stay here?’ and he said he was very happy.
“He says he wants to stay here, improve even more and help the club win things. He’s a top player and one who is very important to this club.”
Mancini, whose side missed out on securing a Champions League qualifying spot, will meet the club’s owners next week to discuss his transfer budget as he wants make some significant signings during the close season.
“It’s important that we buy players that can help us improve as a team next season. I don’t know how many new players will be possible, but we will see,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price