Tevez to stay with City after settling row with Mancini
Manchester: Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has pledged his future to Manchester City after resolving his differences with manager Roberto Mancini, the Italian said on Friday.
Mancini said last week that Tevez could leave Eastlands if he was unhappy at the Premier League Club after the pair fell out over the Italian’s training methods.
On Friday, Mancini confirmed the duo had cleared the air and the striker, voted the club’s Player of the Year this season, had no intension of seeking a transfer.
“I have spoken with him,” Mancini told reporters.
“I asked him, ‘are you happy to stay here?’ and he said he was very happy.
“He says he wants to stay here, improve even more and help the club win things. He’s a top player and one who is very important to this club.”
Mancini, whose side missed out on securing a Champions League qualifying spot, will meet the club’s owners next week to discuss his transfer budget as he wants make some significant signings during the close season.
“It’s important that we buy players that can help us improve as a team next season. I don’t know how many new players will be possible, but we will see,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan