Tevez wants to quit City: Report
London: Controversial striker Carlos Tevez wants to leave Manchester City and has handed in a transfer request, it was reported here on Sunday.
A tabloid claimed that the 26-year-old Argentine international, who has endured a rocky relationship with manager Roberto Mancini, has asked to leave the Eastlands club.
Tevez is understood to be homesick and is not happy being so far away from his two daughters, who live in Argentina.
Tevez has scored 33 goals in 50 Premier League games since joining from Manchester United last summer.
His reaction after he was substituted against Bolton last week illustrated his troubled relationship with Mancini.
The pair exchanged angry words on the touchline, with Tevez clearly annoyed at Mancini`s decision to replace him with James Milner despite the fact he had scored the only goal.
Tevez missed Saturday`s win at West Ham due to suspension, a result which moved City into second place in the Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information