Tevez wants to quit City: Report
London: Controversial striker Carlos Tevez wants to leave Manchester City and has handed in a transfer request, it was reported here on Sunday.
A tabloid claimed that the 26-year-old Argentine international, who has endured a rocky relationship with manager Roberto Mancini, has asked to leave the Eastlands club.
Tevez is understood to be homesick and is not happy being so far away from his two daughters, who live in Argentina.
Tevez has scored 33 goals in 50 Premier League games since joining from Manchester United last summer.
His reaction after he was substituted against Bolton last week illustrated his troubled relationship with Mancini.
The pair exchanged angry words on the touchline, with Tevez clearly annoyed at Mancini`s decision to replace him with James Milner despite the fact he had scored the only goal.
Tevez missed Saturday`s win at West Ham due to suspension, a result which moved City into second place in the Premier League.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma