Tevez wants to quit City: Report
London: Controversial striker Carlos Tevez wants to leave Manchester City and has handed in a transfer request, it was reported here on Sunday.
A tabloid claimed that the 26-year-old Argentine international, who has endured a rocky relationship with manager Roberto Mancini, has asked to leave the Eastlands club.
Tevez is understood to be homesick and is not happy being so far away from his two daughters, who live in Argentina.
Tevez has scored 33 goals in 50 Premier League games since joining from Manchester United last summer.
His reaction after he was substituted against Bolton last week illustrated his troubled relationship with Mancini.
The pair exchanged angry words on the touchline, with Tevez clearly annoyed at Mancini`s decision to replace him with James Milner despite the fact he had scored the only goal.
Tevez missed Saturday`s win at West Ham due to suspension, a result which moved City into second place in the Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued