Text of Anil’s statement
New Delhi: Following is the text of the
statement issued by industrialist Anil Ambani seeking
reconciliation with his elder brother Mukesh:
"In June 2005, with the blessings and approval of my
respected mother Kokilaben Ambani, and in line with the vision
and value creation philosophy of our beloved founder Chairman,
Dhirubhai Ambani, we announced the restructuring of the
I had sincerely believed then, that we had resolved all
issues, and come to an amicable settlement that would create
two of India`s most dynamic business groups, bring peace and
harmony to our family, and generate substantial wealth for
millions of shareholders of the Reliance family.
Over the past 4 years, some parts of that promise have
Unfortunately, the joy of that achievement has been
tempered by the sorrow, pain and anguish of continuing
disagreement and acrimony with my elder brother, Mukeshbhai.
Over these past 4 years, I have persevered with utmost
sincerity, humility and good faith, and left no stone unturned
to try and resolve our differences.
To my lasting regret, despite all my well-meaning
efforts, I have failed - pushing us even to the extreme step
of recourse to litigation to protect the interests of over 11
million shareholders of our Group.
I agree with each one of them.
This has been a time of deep sadness and pain for me
Yet, throughout this very trying period, I have
maintained the greatest of love, affection and respect for
Mukeshbhai - as I have done since my birth.
In that spirit, I have made this pilgrimage today to the
holy shrines of Kedarnath and Badrinath, in the hope of
seeking divine inspiration and blessings, in trying to heal
the wounds, and in making a renewed effort to resolve,
reconcile and reciprocate.
I sincerely believe that Mukeshbhai and I can, even at
this late stage, sort out all our disagreements, in a
constructive, cordial and conciliatory manner, if we both
commit to getting this done.
The issues are only a handful, and the facts are well
known. My judgement says that they can all be resolved in a
matter of weeks, and will not require several months of
Accordingly, with the blessings of my mother, and
invoking the power of Lord Shiva from this most sacred of holy
places, I am once again reaching out to Mukeshbhai - and hope
and pray that my feelings will be reciprocated, and we will
arrive at a solution to all outstanding issues, with a
generous heart, a willing mind, and an accommodating spirit.
There can be no better gift to my mother, Kokilaben
Ambani in her 75th year, and to the legacy of our beloved
father, Dhirubhai Ambani, the proud creator of the Reliance
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow