TFA ties up with Sheffield Football club
Jamshedpur: Tata Football Academy (TFA) and Sheffield United Football Club (SUFC) on Tuesday announced a tie-up to impart professional soccer training to TFA coaches and cadets from September.
The agreement was signed for three years but could be extended depending on the success of the agreement.
“As per the agreement, the training will be imparted at least 70 days in a season,” Sanjiv Paul, vice-president (Corporate Services), Tata Steel said.
They said SUFC will formulate a 12-month programme on coaching, fitness and professional development of coaches and cadets.
“During this time, SUFC will depute one coach and one fitness advisor,” Ian Cameron, vice-president of SUFC said, adding while the coach in charge will be entrusted to impart lessons on technical aspects of the game, the fitness coach will advise the team on sport science, strength and conditioning work and dietary requirements.
The training will also include lessons on strategy for player recruitment, identification and profiling.
The agreement was first of its kind in the Asian sub-continent, Cameron said adding that the basic purpose of the agreement was improve the coaching as well as the quality of the cadets.
SUFC’s Global Director, Mike Farnan and Chief Coach McCarthy Dave will visit TFA in September to begin training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend