TFA ties up with Sheffield Football club
Jamshedpur: Tata Football Academy (TFA) and Sheffield United Football Club (SUFC) on Tuesday announced a tie-up to impart professional soccer training to TFA coaches and cadets from September.
The agreement was signed for three years but could be extended depending on the success of the agreement.
“As per the agreement, the training will be imparted at least 70 days in a season,” Sanjiv Paul, vice-president (Corporate Services), Tata Steel said.
They said SUFC will formulate a 12-month programme on coaching, fitness and professional development of coaches and cadets.
“During this time, SUFC will depute one coach and one fitness advisor,” Ian Cameron, vice-president of SUFC said, adding while the coach in charge will be entrusted to impart lessons on technical aspects of the game, the fitness coach will advise the team on sport science, strength and conditioning work and dietary requirements.
The training will also include lessons on strategy for player recruitment, identification and profiling.
The agreement was first of its kind in the Asian sub-continent, Cameron said adding that the basic purpose of the agreement was improve the coaching as well as the quality of the cadets.
SUFC’s Global Director, Mike Farnan and Chief Coach McCarthy Dave will visit TFA in September to begin training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery