There is need for critical analysis of Tagore`s works: Pranab
New Delhi: There is a need for a critical analysis of the works of Rabindranath Tagore to understand the relevance of the Nobel Laureate`s ideologies, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said today.
"There is a need for critical analysis to discover, rediscover the relevance of (his) ideologies...," Mukherjee, who is also chairman of the National Implementation Committee for the 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, said.
He was speaking after the release of a trilogy on Rabindranath Tagore in Marathi, written by Narendra Jadhav, here. Jadhav is a member of the Planning Commission.
"Tagore`s nationalism was not confined to narrow partisan or sectarianism... His (brand of nationalism) was universal," he noted.
The trilogy includes a book of Tagore`s 151 selected poems and another one on translations of his writings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB