Thief answers call, returns stolen goods
Krishnagar (WB): Ever heard of a thief
answering a telephone call, agreeing to return stolen goods
and returns them too! It does happen.
Kartik Mondal was crestfallen when he woke up on Monday
morning to find that his house had been burgled.
A thief had broken into his house at Chapra in Nadia
district on Sunday night and made away with valuables,
including cash and mobile phone, besides LIC bonds and Kisan
Vikash Patra certificates, police said.
A school teacher, Mondal, was distraughted and shocked.
But a neighbour`s suggestion that he should ring up his cell
"It kept ringing. Then a man answered in a hush-hush
tone. When I pleaded him to return my stolen belongings, he
expressed his inability saying he needed them to run his
family," Mondal said.
The teacher then requested him to return at least the LIC
bonds, Kishan Vikash Patras and other documents which he
agreed to do.
The thief asked him to go to a place near a field and
collect his documents.
Mondal hurried to the place and found his documents kept
there in a packet, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video