Thief answers call, returns stolen goods
Krishnagar (WB): Ever heard of a thief
answering a telephone call, agreeing to return stolen goods
and returns them too! It does happen.
Kartik Mondal was crestfallen when he woke up on Monday
morning to find that his house had been burgled.
A thief had broken into his house at Chapra in Nadia
district on Sunday night and made away with valuables,
including cash and mobile phone, besides LIC bonds and Kisan
Vikash Patra certificates, police said.
A school teacher, Mondal, was distraughted and shocked.
But a neighbour`s suggestion that he should ring up his cell
"It kept ringing. Then a man answered in a hush-hush
tone. When I pleaded him to return my stolen belongings, he
expressed his inability saying he needed them to run his
family," Mondal said.
The teacher then requested him to return at least the LIC
bonds, Kishan Vikash Patras and other documents which he
agreed to do.
The thief asked him to go to a place near a field and
collect his documents.
Mondal hurried to the place and found his documents kept
there in a packet, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH