Thief answers call, returns stolen goods
Krishnagar (WB): Ever heard of a thief
answering a telephone call, agreeing to return stolen goods
and returns them too! It does happen.
Kartik Mondal was crestfallen when he woke up on Monday
morning to find that his house had been burgled.
A thief had broken into his house at Chapra in Nadia
district on Sunday night and made away with valuables,
including cash and mobile phone, besides LIC bonds and Kisan
Vikash Patra certificates, police said.
A school teacher, Mondal, was distraughted and shocked.
But a neighbour`s suggestion that he should ring up his cell
"It kept ringing. Then a man answered in a hush-hush
tone. When I pleaded him to return my stolen belongings, he
expressed his inability saying he needed them to run his
family," Mondal said.
The teacher then requested him to return at least the LIC
bonds, Kishan Vikash Patras and other documents which he
agreed to do.
The thief asked him to go to a place near a field and
collect his documents.
Mondal hurried to the place and found his documents kept
there in a packet, they said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets