Thief residing next door arrested
Aurangabad: The city Crime Branch police
nabbed a `white collar thief` who admitted that he has stolen
ornaments and cash for six times from his neighbor`s house,
police said today.
The accused used to steal whenever the neighbour goes out, police said.
According to police, the accused Rajesh Sancheti (34) and
Sachin Shah reside in the Wardhaman Residency in Khiwansara
Park locality of the city. A year before, Sachin lost key of
his house and Rajesh found it and returned it to Sachin.
Six months before the key was lost again and Rajesh spotted it
again, but now instead of returning it to Sachin he kept the
key with him. Whenever Sachin and his family members were out,
Rajesh used to sneak into the house by opening the locks with
the key that he had kept with him.
Rajesh started lifting cash and ornaments from Sachin`s
house. Sachin was surprised to note that the precious
ornaments were disappearing one by one. He informed the police
who started to keep a watch on his house. The crime branch was
suspicious that it is the work of Rajesh.
Crime Branch PI Kanchankumar Chate under the guidance of
ACP D Deepak Singh Gaur called Sachin to the police station
and interrgated him. He confessed that he committed the theft
six times in the last six months and stole cash and ornaments
worth Rs 5.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends