Three Army jawans die in Arunachal road accident
Itanagar: Three Army jawans were killed
in two flood-related road accidents at Tenga and Bomdir in
Arunachal Pradesh while the strategic Balipara-Tawang road cut
off since July 30 due of landslides was restored on Sunday.
Army sources at Tezpur said two Army jawans were
killed when the vehicles carrying 8 persons hurtled down the
hilly road at Bomdir, 30 km from Tawang on July 30.
On the previous day another jawan was killed in a
landslide at Tenga, sources said.
Torrential rain since July 27 caused flash floods
and landslides which breached the vital Balipara-Tawang
Defence Road to Sino-India border.
Besides, the movement of army vehicles, vehicular
traffic to three districts in western Arunachal Pradesh were
also affected due to a few bridges being washed away,
Border Road Task Force pressed its men and machines
to restore the road on war footing. Scores of tourists who
were stranded due to disruption of road communication left for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...
- Shocking! China man jumps underneath moving truck in dramatic video – Watch what happens next
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report