Three Army jawans die in Arunachal road accident
Itanagar: Three Army jawans were killed
in two flood-related road accidents at Tenga and Bomdir in
Arunachal Pradesh while the strategic Balipara-Tawang road cut
off since July 30 due of landslides was restored on Sunday.
Army sources at Tezpur said two Army jawans were
killed when the vehicles carrying 8 persons hurtled down the
hilly road at Bomdir, 30 km from Tawang on July 30.
On the previous day another jawan was killed in a
landslide at Tenga, sources said.
Torrential rain since July 27 caused flash floods
and landslides which breached the vital Balipara-Tawang
Defence Road to Sino-India border.
Besides, the movement of army vehicles, vehicular
traffic to three districts in western Arunachal Pradesh were
also affected due to a few bridges being washed away,
Border Road Task Force pressed its men and machines
to restore the road on war footing. Scores of tourists who
were stranded due to disruption of road communication left for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes