Three Army jawans die in Arunachal road accident
Itanagar: Three Army jawans were killed
in two flood-related road accidents at Tenga and Bomdir in
Arunachal Pradesh while the strategic Balipara-Tawang road cut
off since July 30 due of landslides was restored on Sunday.
Army sources at Tezpur said two Army jawans were
killed when the vehicles carrying 8 persons hurtled down the
hilly road at Bomdir, 30 km from Tawang on July 30.
On the previous day another jawan was killed in a
landslide at Tenga, sources said.
Torrential rain since July 27 caused flash floods
and landslides which breached the vital Balipara-Tawang
Defence Road to Sino-India border.
Besides, the movement of army vehicles, vehicular
traffic to three districts in western Arunachal Pradesh were
also affected due to a few bridges being washed away,
Border Road Task Force pressed its men and machines
to restore the road on war footing. Scores of tourists who
were stranded due to disruption of road communication left for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery