Three Chhota Rajan aides arrested in Allahabad
Lucknow: Three aides of underworld don Chhota Rajan were arrested from Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh, police said Saturday.
Prateek Singh, Rahul Singh and Chandradhari, all in their early 20s, used to operate as shooters for the underworld don, the police alleged. They were nabbed Friday night from Georgetown locality of Allahabad, about 200 km from state capital Lucknow.
They were arrested by the Special Operation Group (SOG) and local police, SOG inspector Dhananjay Mishra told reporters.
According to police, the three men had recently come from Mumbai to lure unemployed young men to join the Chhota Rajan gang.
The three men are accused in nearly eight cases of contract killings, abduction and other crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey