Three detained for SMS threat to Bihar CM
Patna: Three persons were on Saturday detained for sending an SMS threatening to kill Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, following which his security was tightened.
"Three persons, including Narendra Prasad Singh, whose cell phone might have been used for sending the SMS have been detained," Senior Superintendent of Police Vinit Vinayak said.
"We are probing it from all possible angles for taking to a logical conclusion," Vinayak said referring to the threat, purportedly issued by the banned CPI (Maoist), to kill Kumar if two of their top leaders were not released from jail.
`Dabloo`, a Naxalite leader, in an SMS from the mobile phone number - 09308670993 - had claimed to a private TV channel reporter that there was a plan to kill the Chief Minister. The message demanded release of two naxalite leaders `Raviji` and Diren Singh.
Following the threat, the Chief Minister`s security had been tightened, state Home department Principal Secretary Amir Subhani said.
When contacted, Kumar said that he was least bothered about such threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you