Three in Chhattisgarh test positive for swine flu
Raipur: Three men in Chhattisgarh, who had recently returned from Maharashtra, have tested positive for swine flu, a health official said on Monday.
"Over 90 samples of patients with common-flu like symptoms have been sent to Delhi from Chhattisgarh for testing. Three samples were found positive for swine flu out of the total 36 samples results received Monday," TK Agrawal, the state`s deputy director (epidemics) and swine flu nodal officer said.
All three are in their early twenties, he said.
Agrawal said the identity of the three men has not been disclosed to avoid creating panic in the neighbourhoods where they stay. Doctors have asked these three men to take rest in isolation at their homes and follow specific medical advice.
"These three men are not serious and have minor flu problem. We are taking care of them, have given them medicines and told their families not to worry," the official added.
Meanwhile, the test results of 18-year-old Sitaram Verma, who died August 12 following flu symptoms at Raipur`s Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital, were found to be negative for swine flu.
But health officials are still awaiting the test results of YS Rao, a 40-year-old constable with the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) who succumbed to high fever, cough and cold at Bilaspur-based Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science (CIMS) August 14.
The state government has deployed doctors at Raipur airport and railway stations across the state to screen passengers from other states, particularly from Maharashtra and Delhi, to check the spread of the H1N1 virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam