Three in Chhattisgarh test positive for swine flu
Raipur: Three men in Chhattisgarh, who had recently returned from Maharashtra, have tested positive for swine flu, a health official said on Monday.
"Over 90 samples of patients with common-flu like symptoms have been sent to Delhi from Chhattisgarh for testing. Three samples were found positive for swine flu out of the total 36 samples results received Monday," TK Agrawal, the state`s deputy director (epidemics) and swine flu nodal officer said.
All three are in their early twenties, he said.
Agrawal said the identity of the three men has not been disclosed to avoid creating panic in the neighbourhoods where they stay. Doctors have asked these three men to take rest in isolation at their homes and follow specific medical advice.
"These three men are not serious and have minor flu problem. We are taking care of them, have given them medicines and told their families not to worry," the official added.
Meanwhile, the test results of 18-year-old Sitaram Verma, who died August 12 following flu symptoms at Raipur`s Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital, were found to be negative for swine flu.
But health officials are still awaiting the test results of YS Rao, a 40-year-old constable with the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) who succumbed to high fever, cough and cold at Bilaspur-based Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science (CIMS) August 14.
The state government has deployed doctors at Raipur airport and railway stations across the state to screen passengers from other states, particularly from Maharashtra and Delhi, to check the spread of the H1N1 virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic