Three more killed in floods in UP
Lucknow: Despite a weak monsoon, floods
coming from Nepal side continue to wreak havoc in Uttar
Pradesh with two more persons losing their lives in
Siddharthnagar and one death reported from Basti, taking the
toll to 13.
In Basti, 169 villages have been affected because of
the flood waters with 83 of them marooned while in
Siddhartnagar 332 villages were affected, reports said.
As many as 1,020 families in Basti have been shifted
to safer places with police and PAC deployed in the relief and
Besides Saryu-Ghaghra which was flowing near danger
level in Ayodhya, Burhi Rapti, Rapti, Kuda and Khonghi were
flowing above the danger mark though in Bahraich, Ghaghra has
shown a receding trend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days